Friday, September 12, 2008

So?

Slowely waking up today. I think hubby and I got to sleep around 3 am or so. You'd think with all the moving we have done in this past year, that we wouldn't have so much packing to do! But it started off very slowly as hubby had to do some unavoidable running around which left me with all my little "helpers" for most of the day yesterday. I wish I had a DVD camera to record how much they helped! Looking back, it was pretty cute. At the time? I was pulling my hair out and screaming at the top of my lungs on the inside. They each cleared out their clothes and "packed" them in their backpacks. The clothes that didn't fit they stuffed in plastic bags then exclaimed their readiness to move. After surveying the mess, I just accepted the fact that I wouldn't be getting much sleep last night.



One of the unavoidable meetings yesterday was a trip to the doctor for Kiana. The good news is that her blood test came back normal and she is cleared to be around other people. After the first blood test, they said mono. But it seems to me that they just were not sure what it was. A comment was made by one of the doctor's yesterday that it looked like something you catch when you go away on vacation to somewhere tropical and come back sick. It is Kiana's dream to be somewhere tropical, but never has been. She likes hot weather. So that is good news. Kiana is healthy.



As far as where we are going to go? Our stuff is going to a friend's place - things that we won't be needing over the next three weeks (winter clothes, household items, books, toys, etc.). Some things were still in boxes as we knew we would only be here for the summer. It took some time trying to guess what clothes we will be needing for fall (although it is supposed to warm back up to summer temps next week). Add to that the fact that our plans on where we will be going changed three times in one day!



So? As of this writing we are headed for the village. What does that mean for us? No computer (which equals no email, no internet, no blogging ...). No Russian school (so I have added more homeschool lessons for us to do). Phone contact is through TNK's cel phone (ours do not work out there since we brought our American ones - only short range pick up). Lots of nature and life at a slower pace (outhouse, no running water, but they do have electricity!). We haven't told the kids yet and when they find out, they are going to be so excited! Me? I'll let you know when I finish crying. Just kidding. It usually takes me a few days to adjust, but I'll survive. Yura is calling it a mini-vacation; a time to spend together as a family without the distractions; a time to pray and see what the Lord has for us in this upcoming year. It has been a busy summer and with the Pastor and his family coming back tomorrow morning, he won't have the added responsibilities he shouldered well over the summer.

With that said, I don't know when my next update will be. It could be another one today saying plans have changed or it could be a month or so down the road when we get back from the village. With God, anything is possible! No matter what, praying you get to know Him more each day and enjoy His presence in your life. If you don't know God, He loves you incredibly and wants to give you a real, full, peaceful, joyful, abundant life in Jesus. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment