Friday, September 12, 2008

Did I write that?

When will I learn? I heard your thoughts. Never is probably the closest answer. You'd think that after changing plans three times yesterday, how could I think that today would be different? Bottom line, not going to the dacha, at least not today. Still packing and cleaning. Just taking a break as my tummy says, "fiesta & siesta time" (from my Texas days).

I'm afraid to even mention what I think might happen, because it will change. So, I don't know what we are doing or where we are going. It reminds me of someone. Abraham. God told him to take Isaac and sacrifice him. Really? God said that? So they start off on their journey and as they get closer to the spot, bright Isaac says, "Dad, where's the sacrifice?" Old Abe says, "God will provide the sacrifice." (Abe really was old, but that is another story). After they finish building the altar (that tells me they didn't sit still, but followed instructions), Isaac lies down on the altar and Abe is about to pierce a knife through the boys heart when he is stopped. God rewards his obedience (even though it didn't make sense) and provides a ram for the sacrifice. The Lord will provide! (See Genesis 22:1-18)

Now, God isn't asking us to sacrifice any of our children. But He is saying, "Pack up. It's time to move." So we are packing. I'm asking, "God, where to?" The kids are asking, "Mom, when are we moving to our new place." All I can say is "Soon. We need to keep packing." Nothing seems to be coming together. The instructions didn't change because of my inquiry or lack of the overall picture. But we are sticking to the instructions - packing and cleaning. I just don't know the outcome, but He does. Our friends return in 13 hours. An impossible task for man. No problemo for God.

This also reminds me of the Israelites wandering in the desert. When the cloud moved, they packed up and followed. When it stopped, they pitched their tents and settled. The whole time God provided for them in every way.

A few places in the Bible have been an encouragement. Matthew 6:33- 34 - "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (NIV - New International Version of the Holy Bible). This comes at the end of an exhortation on not to worry about food and clothes as well as an explanation how God takes care of the birds and flowers. How much more does he take care of those who are created in His image? Much more.

Also James 4:13-17 says, "Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.' As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins." (NIV)

Ouch! Hurt me. Even though convicting, still encouraging. He is the only one that deserves praise and honor. So He is going to do things in such a fashion as He will get the praise and honor that is due Him. And believe me, when the dust settles, I want to be the first one to say, "Look what God did - not Wendy or the Kvachenko family, etc. - but God alone."

So ignore my last post. Ignore me in general. But look to God. It is never a dull moment with Him. Talk about living life to the fullest! Only in Jesus! Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Wen, never a dull moment in the Lord, He is sssooooo awesome.... I take comfort in His Word and yes, how much more does He care for us? We were made in His image!! The Lord is shaking and pressing and blessings will soon run over!! Can't wait to see the Lord triumph and show us once again who is in control!!

    D <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, LOVE this post! The women's bible study I've been going to has been studying the pentateuch for the past few years. (This year we're studying Deuteronomy, then going ahead into Joshua.) Your post pointed out YET ANOTHER way of looking at some of the Old Testament and applying it to our lives today that I have overlooked. (Don't you love how you can read a passage or story that you've read dozens of times before, but find a new jewel that you never realized was there before?) I am REALLY bad at wanting things planned out in detail before going ahead. I would be going INSANE if I were in your shoes. He's working on it in me, taking baby steps. He knows how much (or how little, I should say,) I can handle. God is my therapist! Ha, ha. (I feel a blog post about this brewing...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sister,

    I needed to hear that! Ignore my last post, too; too many questions unanswered and such a bad attitude! Thank you so much for sharing - and reminding me that God is so much bigger than I am acknowledging Him to be. Just like the Steven Curtis Chapman song, "God is God and I am not . . . ." Remind me when I forget, okay?! Love to you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I ever tell you about the song a wrote boldly declaring our impending move to Portland? I was lovely but we never did move there. HA! I really wanted to *sigh*, it is lovely up there ;) Any hoo sis I love your faithful heart, even in the midst of it all you are turning us all to Him. Not because of how great you are but because of who He is, and He is in you. Thanks for shining for us.

    Love to you and all the fam, I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete