My husband picks up the older ones from school and on their way back home, they decide to take some pictures. This was a beautiful day - before the temps dropped to - 25C / -13F. I think it was only -5C / 23F. You can see the fresh snow and the sun reflecting off of it.
Here is a car buried under snow.
You can barely see this car!
This is near the metro/subway station by our house.
Kiana is attempting to make a snow angel, with the balloon she got
from a birthday party at school.
That's all for now. Not much else to write about. Just a lot of snow, freezing temperatures and icy sidewalks! Oh, I guess I can write this story. I lost one of my gloves today on my way to work. It was my favorite pair! They were brown leather gloves with cashmere lining. Picked them up at a sale in Texas many years ago. Anyway, I lost it in the metro and when I went back to look around the place where I thought I lost it, it was gone. I kept my one hand in my coat pocket (which was pretty warm), but not a good idea when walking on icy sidewalks. So I decided to stop at a place that was selling gloves. I got a "bargain" since it is the end of the season (yeah, right. I guess in most places it is, but we have three more months of this!). On my way home after work, I put on the gloves and they were just not warm enough. Maybe in -15C, but not in -25C. So I was double bummed since I lost a very nice, warm glove and ended up with not suitable for Siberia gloves. Oh, and I also slipped on marble slab somewhere and hurt my knee. Ouch.
Anyway, I get home and tell my hubby the story. We decide I am going to give the gloves to someone for a present (and explain although they are nice gloves, they are not for deep winter weather. Maybe in the Spring or warmer winter temps). Then he says to me, "Try these on." He hands me a pair of black leather gloves with woolly lining. I ask, "Where did these come from?" He found somewhere this past Sunday and forgot to tell me about them. They fit and are close to the pair I had, just a different color. I'm blessed. Oh, and the knee feels better. Have a blessed day!
from a birthday party at school.
That's all for now. Not much else to write about. Just a lot of snow, freezing temperatures and icy sidewalks! Oh, I guess I can write this story. I lost one of my gloves today on my way to work. It was my favorite pair! They were brown leather gloves with cashmere lining. Picked them up at a sale in Texas many years ago. Anyway, I lost it in the metro and when I went back to look around the place where I thought I lost it, it was gone. I kept my one hand in my coat pocket (which was pretty warm), but not a good idea when walking on icy sidewalks. So I decided to stop at a place that was selling gloves. I got a "bargain" since it is the end of the season (yeah, right. I guess in most places it is, but we have three more months of this!). On my way home after work, I put on the gloves and they were just not warm enough. Maybe in -15C, but not in -25C. So I was double bummed since I lost a very nice, warm glove and ended up with not suitable for Siberia gloves. Oh, and I also slipped on marble slab somewhere and hurt my knee. Ouch.
Anyway, I get home and tell my hubby the story. We decide I am going to give the gloves to someone for a present (and explain although they are nice gloves, they are not for deep winter weather. Maybe in the Spring or warmer winter temps). Then he says to me, "Try these on." He hands me a pair of black leather gloves with woolly lining. I ask, "Where did these come from?" He found somewhere this past Sunday and forgot to tell me about them. They fit and are close to the pair I had, just a different color. I'm blessed. Oh, and the knee feels better. Have a blessed day!
Oh my gosh, those pictures are making me cold!!
ReplyDeleteTHAT is a lot of snow. The kids and I are still amazed. They all say HI!
ReplyDelete