Thursday, July 17, 2008

Women's Mini Retreat



Last week we (myself, Kiana and Pasha) had the privilege of joining the ladies for a mini-retreat. We packed into our friend's car and drove for about an hour and a half out into the country. We ended up in a village by the river at Ania's parent's "dacha". Tatiyana (the one pictured above) is the owner of the place and I just don't have enough space to show all the pictures of how beautiful this dacha is. She and her husband have done a wonderful job landscaping the flower beds, planting the fruits and veggies while keeping up the little house and adjacent building (which houses the summer kitchen, kids' playroom, banya, an outdoor bathroom, storage area and garage). At any rate, we were greeted with hugs and the cooking began. That night, after everyone arrived safely, there was a time of singing praises and praying by the fire. I got to spend some time talking/catching up with a friend (Natasha) that I had met 14 years ago!



The following morning, after a delicious breakfast, the sessions began. Olga (the one in the straw hat) led us through a psalm. Masha shared with us some thoughts on Jesus being the bridegroom and the church his bride. In all fairness, I wish I had more to tell, but I wasn't able to sit in on these sessions as Pasha (my main ministry) was in need of attention. Kiana was also there, but she was a big helper!



Tanya Sh. (the one holding Pasha) and Tanya B (the one next to her) continued leading us in more Bible studies. We talked about Jesus last words and actions for the disciples while communing with them in the upper room. Tanya Sh. challenged us to find out what "roots" of sin are still in need of being dug out and replaced with good roots. A great analogy as we sat in that beautiful garden! I wish I could go into more detail, but Pasha wasn't feeling at ease in a new environment! Plus he wanted to socialize (yes, he is my dad's grandson), and his "talking" during the sessions was a bit too distracting. Gotta love it!



After a tea break with Tres Leches cupcakes, some people headed off to the pond where there was a man made waterfall area. The girls (Kiana and Vera) had a great time swimming, then drying off in the sun.




We really didn't want to leave, but the time came to round everything and everyone up and head back to pollution, I mean, civilization. We all had a wonderful time and look forward to the church picnic coming up next weekend! It will be at another dacha, but just for the afternoon.

Praying you all have a blessed day!






PS. A "dacha" is like a little cottage summer home where Russians grow their veggie and fruit garden, usually outside the city, in the country, in the fresh air.....

4 comments:

  1. That sounds heavenly!!! The pics are gorgeous!! Wen, looks like you had a great time.... hoping the Lord blessed you with some heart to heart and it's always great to catch up with old friends!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not quite sure how to fix this. When I went on today, the pics were all gone and so I added them back. Then it looked like this! Oh well. Still learning how this all works (and doesn't work).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey There!

    I love your blog too! I loved the porker . . . .er Pasha comment - it was cute! He is cute! Stay i touch.

    Kathy P - TN

    ReplyDelete