So we went to the doctor today and everything is fine with porker, I mean, Pasha. He is 16 lbs. and 15 oz. He is 25.6 ins. Tomorrow he goes back for a shot. I know it is neither efficient nor economical, but it is Russia. Anywho, since we were there so long, we decided to finish out the afternoon having a special treat - eating out somewhere. So on our way up the main street toward the center of town, we finally found an atm that would accept our cards and got some rubles out. We decided to go to Rostiks - an affiliate of KFC (and much better tasting) as well as an internet cafe. We noticed that there were three non-Russian looking guys sharing a computer and looking rather scruffy. We ended up talking and they are on a charity rally to Mongolia. Two of the guys flew from Australia to London to meet up with the third gentlemen. They have spent the last four weeks on the road traveling through various countries and are looking forward to the total solar eclipse (that happens this Friday afternoon in our city) then heading onto Mongolia where they will donate their car and the money they raised for a charity that helps orphans. If interested in their blog, click here. This is their personal blog, but it has an interesting post about toilets in Russia, with pictures (warning, it is only for those with strong stomachs!). If interested in the charity, click here to go to their website.
As we were walking, I also passed a familiar face and it turned out to be my friend's younger sister - Tanya. She is now a doctor and what are the odds of seeing her on the street in a city of 2 million! We exchanged numbers and look forward to getting together soon.
Not a bad day for a doctor's visit. Have a blessed day!
I am going to go check it out but what is really pressing is this question... How do you make it say click here (underlined) I stick the whole tag there.
ReplyDeleteOK...now I am back and that was so totally disgusting. I am thinking twice about international travel. OK I would do it for Jesus, but He is going to have to be pretty clear. EWWWWWWW! Do you know that Avi Joy's head would explode, her legs would turn to jelly and she would pray for the earth to swallow her up if I told her to go "do her bidness" in there. blah!
ReplyDelete