Monday, July 7, 2008

What to write about...maybe TexMex?

I'm sitting here thinking that I should be writing about something and adding pictures. But what to write about? The past two days have been full. We prepared some TexMex food for friends - chicken fajitas, refried beans, guacamole (yes, you can get avacados here and they are pretty good), homemade tortillas and all the trimmings (salsa, sour cream, jalapenos). Kiana and I made a Tres Leches cake to top it off. We also found tortilla chips! Can you imagine? I think we had more fun making everything than we did eating it. When it was all over and put away, and our friends rolled home, we got a call from a girl that is visiting from our sister church in Omsk. She is here training at IKEA. She came over and was hungry, so we brought everything out, reheated it, and chomped down again. Can anyone say heartburn? After church on Sunday, one of the ladies that leads the women's Bible Study - Olga - came over with her son Maxim. We ate again. We finished off the cake. So what did we do when we woke up this morning for breakfast? You got it. We ate the last of the leftovers. You think we prepared a lot? It didn't seem like it at the time, but I guess Russians aren't used to TexMex food. On the other hand, our children were remembering when we would go to the local HEB in SA and pick up a few packages of tortillas and have breakfast tacos every Sunday before church. I think we are going to do this again in two weeks for some other Russian friends that love TexMex food. This time we will get the TUMS ready! Our kids sum it up on how we felt at the end of this TexMex adventure. Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy,

    Reading you blog made me feel very hungry! And, for some reason, I craved Mexican food--hmmm. Taco Bell is the closest I get to eating Mexican food(now don't laugh). I love Taco Bell!! A "Number 3 Meal for me with a Pepsi!"

    The July 4th weekend for me was pretty busy. I took Jesslyn to Sea Life Park on July 4th and we had a blast together!! The weather was perfect!

    On July 5th Jesslyn had a baseball game to play(it's okay that her team lost). And if that wasn't exciting enough, we both went to the Hawaii State Library Book Sale that was held at McKinley High School. Jesslyn bought a lot of books about baseball and I seem to be more interested in home repair/improvement books. There were some jigsaw puzzles being sold there so we bought several of those, too! What fun!! The best part was that everything was "half off" that day! I felt like we were "treasure hunting" in way.

    Love,
    Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What did you feed those kids again? And just look at my Mish! He is getting sooo big! Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, sounds alot like my house!! Those guys had the right idea after a meal 4x's over!! :O) Luv ya guys!!!

    ReplyDelete