Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday, in the park.....(you know the rest)

It's Saturday and after being in the apartment for a few days without a decent break (Yura battling tonsil problems again), we decided to take a 2 hour break and go to Central Park. It's a nice 10 or so minute walk down our street. Along the way we saw a go-cart track and the main stadium hosting summer games for children. Once we got to the park, the kids were able to go on a few rides and then we sat down for shashlik. Yes, I brought the camera. No, I forgot to take pictures! Anyway, we couldn't stay long because Yura needed to get back to gargle. But the weather has been beautiful (in the 70's) with showers every once in a while. This entry isn't as long. We are planning a full day at the park some time next month - hopefully with pictures. Next Sunday is our city's "City Day" - might have some news about that in an up-coming post ... Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Jesslyn pitched for the first time during the 2nd game on Saturday! She was both shocked and nervous at the same time. Although she barely reached the plate,I know that she was motivated by the trust her coaches felt in her by giving her a chance to pitch.

    After the game, Jesslyn turned to me and said, "I've got to practice my pitching. I'm going to ask grandpa to take me to the park to practice pitching."

    Yesterday(Monday, 6/23)Jesslyn and both my parents took her to the park to practice her throwing and pitching. As soon as I returned home from work Jesslyn was excitedly telling me about her time at the park. She said, "Mom, I think I'm getting better at pitching! I can throw better now!" I had to smile at her enthusiasm and eagerness!

    Parks are great, aren't they!? As a mom, I now realize how valuable a park is!

    Love, Dallas

    ReplyDelete