Thursday, June 5, 2008

Getting started

You know, I've been seeing my friends with their own blogs. Recently, a friend of mine asked me if I'd be interested in having my own. So here I am - having my own blog. I'm thinking, "What do I write? What do I say? Does it matter? Is that water running in the bathroom?" So my out loud question to anyone who reads this is, what are your experiences in blogging? I would love to hear what you think and any tips, advice, experiences that you would like to share would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!

6 comments:

  1. Blog experience for me... well since I rarely finish what I start I would have to say it is short lived! I love the idea though, I just don't have the fan base! (AKA friends) Blogging is lots of fun when you know others are reading and responding to what you write! We love you guys and I am always interested to see what is going on in your head...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I recommend you blog for YOU. I use mine a bit like a diary...more of a daily what's happening, what we're reading, etc.

    Don't sweat if there are not tons of comments -- you'll discover that people are reading but not many comment. Do you comment on every blog you read, every time you read it? (Known as lurking in the blogosphere.) That's why I encourage to write for you.

    Simple daily routines, funny happenings. Pictures!

    Read other blogs and see what keeps YOU reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hey... I read blogs...and I usually even comment. Pictures help keep interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops...sorry...You may not know my 'Tilley' name. I am Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Wen,

    Nope, never blogged and can't even keep up on FaceBook. But. . .I still love to read time to time and see others' pictures. . .as I love to share my own. As they say, a picture's worth a . . . Plus, I'm not conscious enough to write at the time. . .4 kids. . .lost brain power. . .you know. But I'll read yours! Ok, this is how out of it I am. It took me a while to realize we both named our one daughter Kiana. She was born last Nov. So now we both have 3 boys and 1 girl. Great name! She's Kianalani Sachie-Mei Uyeda. Love you! ~Kehau

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Wen! Or shall I say Aloha? or how do I say hello in Russian - the kids are in bed and I do not remember! We also have a blog - www.homeschoolblogger.com/tenbearsminus1

    I like to keep up a diary as someone else mentioned and it is pretty fun. I am looing forward to keeping track of you guys there and keeping in touch this way.

    God Bless.

    Kathy P (Tennessee mom to eight 3 of which come from your part of the world).

    ReplyDelete