The time came and came quickly. David officially graduated to the First Grade! I'm looking at the pictures we took and thinking, "When did this happen?" One picture we have above is of David with the director/owner of the school - Nataliya Bobrova (Natasha). I remember when Natasha and I met, her youngest son (Alex) was 12 and the Montessori Center was a dream. This past year, I helped Alex (now 25) lead an English Club for adults at the center. There are three centers that Natasha runs. I remember back to the first year of the center when Natasha asked me to come and speak with the children in English and talk with them about Hawaii. I think it was before Yura and I were married! Natasha said back then that if I ever have children, they are going to her school. Period. Time flies... So the question comes up often, especially from the parents of the other children who graduated, "Where is your child going to go to school next year?" It's a very important question for Russians because they are used to having the children be together from the first grade group all the way up until they graduate from high school. They are usually in the same school, class, group, etc. And the children ordinarily go to the school closest to your apartment, which could be in the "yard" or in a neighboring "yard" {a "yard" usually means in the center of the block while the apartment buildings surround it - roughly speaking}. For us, it is not so easy. With David's nut allergy, it is pretty certain that we are going to home school. Plus we do not know as of yet where we are going to live come September. Kiana, however, has met many friends and really enjoys the music/dance lessons. She still has another year before we'll put her into first grade (here they can go at age 6, but most parents prefer to send them at age 7). I must end as bedtime is nearing. Congrats to David! Have a great day.
I think David looks so much older now! His face is slimmer and more boyish. Congrads to David on his accomplishment, that is a BIG one! Do you speak to him in Russian or English? And Kiana and Misha, Russian or English?
ReplyDeleteShowpig
Wendy, do you remember who showpig is? I now have an acct. thanks to jake! so here I am. all the way from here.
ReplyDeleteshowpig