Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Joy and Hope?

I am keeping track of some of the things that come out of our children's mouths. Some things are hilarious, others embarassing, and still others, well, inside jokes. Today was no exception.

I just figured out how to listen to K-LOVE over the internet and the dj at the time was talking about Christmas bringing joy and hope. So Misha turns to me (he was sitting on my lap) and asks, "Mama, what is joy and hope?"

Thinking this is one of those "special moments", I proceeded to explain that joy is real, deep happiness and hope is when we are waiting for a promise and it just hasn't come yet. Note: I was trying to think of how to explain it in the simpliest terms to a three year old.

Misha's response? "Oh, like hoops and yoyo?" Please click the link if you are the least bit curious (and have never heard of them before). Not sure they would fall into the "joy and hope" category, but "hope" sounds close to "hoops", don't ya think?

Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. And joy could work for yoyo...if you stretch it a bit. Maybe that's where hoops and yoyo got their name! Misha's brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete