Let me take this opportunity while I am sick to post on my blog - I know, it's a miracle. Now that we are homeschooling, things seem to be busier! But I'm loving it!
We had the unusual opportunity (divine appointment, actually) to host a couple from Irkutiya - a pastor and his wife. They were in town working on getting their visas to go to Germany (the German embassy is a 15 minute walk from our place). What a wonderful time! The first day they were here, they were willing to do a culture, geography, nature, history, language lesson with the kids about their region in the NE part of Russia. It was very interesting and I learned alot :). They had a slide show of some of their traditions, nature, costumes, the president of the region, etc. The kids especially liked seeing what kind of horses they had as well as the pretty costumes.
They did receive their
The Kvachenko Family and Said (Sah-eed) and Natasha by the Swan Lake at the zoo.
Then there was the memorable horse ride that our friend set up for us. Pasha watched from a distance, but also wanted to ride. If only he could have climbed through that fence! Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment