The day after the door story, one of us had to be home all the time since we no longer had a way to lock the doors. So on my way to pick up the kids, I had to go to the neighborhood cashier to put more money on Yura's cel phone (it is pay as you go here - a lot cheaper!).
As I opened the door to go in, a lady was standing there. So I moved out of the way because I thought she was trying to go out. I noticed she didn't have a jacket on (it's in the 30's and 40's - definitely jacket weather). She said, "Wendy!" Since my name is not a common one in the whole country of Russia, I figured we must know each other. After a few more seconds, I recognized her as a friend of mine from pre-marriage days!
Her name is Sveta. We met when I worked with CoMission and we were working with teachers from "Dom Tvorchestva" - kind of a Cultural Arts place for kids to go to when they are not in school. They teach dance, musical instruments, woodworking, film, etc. When we first moved back to Russia last summer, we were renting a flat about 3 minutes walk from there. I went there once to see if anyone was still there, but they had long gone.
So here we are, over a year later and in flat #5 (as Kiana calls it) and I meet someone from 11 years ago. Talk about a God thing! She now works as the main accountant at this nieghborhood cashier place which is in the next building over. In fact, if you look out our kitchen window, you are staring at it! Since she was working, we couldn't do a lot of catching up, but she'll be coming over for lunch as often as she wants. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Have a blessed day!
Holy Cow! That is cool!
ReplyDelete