Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer camp and mama's plans

Our oldest two are counting down the days to the next exciting event - summer camp.  They didn't get to go last year because of K's operation and strict rules of no strenuous activity for a month afterwards.  This year, both are healthy and ready to go!

I'm torn.  The motherly instinct in me says, "WAIT!  You are still too young (10 and 8) to go to a camp without me.  What if....?" - you know the rest.  But I personally know three of the leaders.  Our pastor's wife (being one of the leaders) has requested that D and K be in her group throughout the camp.  Most of the kids from church are going to be there and the director of the camp is a friend of ours.  So it's covered, right?  I guess the most important part is that God is in control.  Still, it is a new ground for all of us, so there is a bit of nervousness on my part.  THEY are fine.  

The practical side of me is excited.  It is saying, "Oh good.  Now I can redo their rooms, get rid of the futon couch, get the new bunk bed delivered and set up, do a good general spring cleaning on the apartment, and have it all done before they get back."  It's a five day camp, in tents, by the river.  They will be fine.

I'm also ready to get the cleaning done because we will be having special out of town guests - gramma, grampa and cousin are coming for a few weeks.  We are ALL excited about that!  Skype is a great invention, but being in each other's presence is better.  It will be the first time that my parents and nephew meet our two youngest - being that the little ones were born here, in Russia.  

So, there is much excitement and preparation going on in this household.  I'm hoping someone will be taking pictures at the camp to post later.  We will be taking lots of pics of the visit.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment